Frontier Airlines - Pet Information
Does the airline allow pets: Yes
Does the airline allow pets as carry-on: Yes
Domesticated dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, or small household birds on flights within the United States. Domesticated dogs and cats only may be carried to or from international destinations.
Does the airline allow pets as baggage: Yes
- Advanced reservations must be made with Frontier.
- Littermates at least 8 weeks old may be shipped in the same kennel provided it is large enough for them to turn around and stand up in the kennel. Two littermates in one kennel count as one animal.
- Prior to acceptance, the animal must be contained in a kennel, cage or container subject to inspection and approval of Frontier.
- The animal must be harmless, inoffensive, odorless, and require no attention during transit.
- The passenger must make arrangements and assume full responsibility for complying with any applicable laws, customs and government regulations, or restrictions of the country, state or territory to which the animal is being transported.
Does airline allow pets as cargo: No
Does airline have an embargo: Yes
The following cities cannot transport pets during the months of June, July, August and September:
Between the hours of Noon and 8 p.m.
- Ft. Lauderdale
- Ft. Myers
- Las Vegas
- San Antonio
Embargo dates: June, July, August and September
Kennel / Pet Carrier Information
- Containers must be leak-proof.
- The container must be ventilated on at least two sides and must prevent any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- The container must be constructed of metal, wood, polyethylene plastic or a composite material of similar strength, contain a water bowl and have absorbent material on the bottom.
The passenger must provide the following required documents:
- A health certificate issued within 10 days of originating travel regardless of the age of the pet.
- A rabies certificate (for dogs only).
Temperature restrictions may apply. If the forecasted temperature in any city in the itinerary is above 80Â°F or below 32°F, the pet may be denied boarding.
A fee of $75 for in cabin pets.
A pet carriage fee of $150 per kennel will be charged per direction.
Frontier Airlines - Web Links
Frontier Airlines - Contact Numbers
800-432-1359 - Frontier Airlines Reservations
800-265-5505 - Frontier Airlines Customer Relations
Last updated: June 01, 2011 00:56Back to all Airlines